Only three countries in Europe do not yet have a corona virus.
Albania, Montenegro and Turkey are the only countries that have not confirmed the fatal infection because it is rapidly becoming common across the continent.
Italy’s known number of COVID-19 cases has sneaked beyond that of South Korea and is the country with the second highest number of infections after China.
Italian government agencies say the country now has 7,375 cases. That is 62 more than in South Korea.
China has more than 80,000 cases.
The death toll in Italy has increased from 133 to 366.
At the beginning of the outbreak, Italy eagerly tested those who lived in hatcheries, even if they had no symptoms or had close contact with someone who is known to be infected.
To date, Italian health workers have performed around 50,000 tests.
Most deaths and cases in Italy occurred in Lombardy, a populous northern region that the government had ordered blocked
16 million Italians are blocked in 15 provinces.
READ MORE: “Two thirds of the world could be infected”
READ MORE: How Coronavirus is compared to Spanish flu
In France, they ban events by more than 1000 people to limit the spread of the virus and recruit recently retired medical professionals and medical students to cope with the growing number of infections.
The country reported 1126 cases on Sunday, up 19 percent from the previous day, the second largest number of cases in Europe after Italy.
So far 19 people have died in France.
“The coming weeks will be difficult,” said Health Minister Olivier Veran on Sunday after President Emmanuel Macron held an emergency security meeting to develop an anti-virus strategy.
In Germany, the Minister of Health also urges the organizers to postpone meetings with more than 1,000 people.
And in Greece, the Ministry of Health has announced that all of the country’s sporting events will take place without spectators in the next two weeks.
The ministry also says recreational and support centers for the elderly will be closed for two weeks and no school trips will take place during that time.
By Saturday evening, 66 cases of the virus had been identified in Greece, 47 of them among a group of 54 travelers to Israel and Egypt.
In four other cases, people come into contact with these travelers.
There were no deaths.
A 66-year-old man from the travel group is in the intensive care unit.
In the UK, the Health Minister has outlined emergency plans to deal with the effects of the outbreak and has committed to “doing everything we can” to contain the virus.
The plans, which are expected to be adopted by Parliament later this month, are expected to include measures that will allow some court proceedings to be conducted by phone or video. Volunteers who leave their main jobs to help health systems also receive employment guarantees.
Health Minister Matt Hancock said he wanted to “ensure that the government does everything in its power to be ready to delay and mitigate this threat.”
According to data last updated on Saturday, around 206 people in the UK tested positive for the virus. Two people have died.
– With AP