Justice

All info on

The Richard Ferrand affair

COUP DE TONNERRE- Heard by the investigating judges of Lille, LaREM MP and President of the National Assembly has been indicted for "illegal taking of interest" by the National Financial Procuratorate (PNF). Contacted by LCI, the Elysee has reaffirmed "all his confidence."

Thunderclap in the Macronie. The President of the National Assembly, Richard Ferrand – the 4th person in the state – was indicted for "illegal taking of interest" after a "first appearance" examination of nearly 15 hours at the court of Lille, where the case was disoriented a year ago. Richard Ferrand had been heard for the first time by Lille judges on Wednesday 11 September. Following the revelation of this story in 2017 by the chained Duckthen Minister of Territorial Cohesion, Richard Ferrand had to resign.

In a statement, Richard Ferrand said he was "determined to continue his mission" as President of the National Assembly. It "takes note of this procedural measure which will enable it to be able to defend itself in this file" and "remains serene on the outcome of the procedure, with regard to the classification without continuation of all the grievances of the first complaint" in October 2017, "especially since no new element has been added to this file in which there is neither harm nor victim".

"An indictment has never been a presumption of guilt", it is said in the presidential majority while the opposition calls for the resignation of the President of the National Assembly. Early in the morning, Richard Ferrand received the support of the Elysee who said he had "all the confidence of the president."

Richard Ferrand is accused of having favored in 2011, at the time he was managing director of Mutuelles de Bretagne, his companion by renting premises. The property acquired by his wife would have been through rents paid by Mutuelles de Bretagne, complained Anticor, an association that fights against corruption.

Urgent

FERRAND

Sandrine Doucen, the companion of Richard Ferrand, is currently being heard by the investigating judges of Lille seized of the case of "Mutuelles de Bretagne. (Parquet of Lille / LCI)

ANTICOR

VIDEO – Jérôme Karsenti, Anticor's lawyer, reacts on LCI after Richard Ferrand's indictment, which follows a complaint from the association. He says he is "disappointed" by the position of the government, which shows its support for the president of the National Assembly. A government that "began its mandate on the idea of ​​the moralization of political life"

FERRAND CASE

VIDEO – Update on the indictment of Richard Ferrand in the so-called "Mutuelles de Bretagne" case

LAREM / THE GENDER

VIDEO – On LCI, the leader of the LaREM deputies Gilles Le Gendre defends Richard Ferrand and "the strict application of the principles"

LR / BELLAMY

THE GENDER

The boss of the deputies LaREM Gilles Le Gendre rejects on LCI the calls for the resignation of Richard Ferrand. "We must go back to the principles, the independence of justice and the separation of powers," he claims. "Richard Ferrand will remain presumed innocent until the end of the procedure"

CALLS FOR RESIGNATION

After Nicolas Dupont-Aignan (DLF), the boss of PS Olivier Faure in turn calls for the resignation of Richard Ferrand

EDOUARD PHILIPPE

Guest of the 20 H TF1 on Thursday, Edouard Philippe will speak about the indictment of Richard Ferrand. For now, Matignon simply tells LCI to be on the same line as the Elysee, namely a repeated confidence in the Speaker of the National Assembly

RESIGNATION?

SUPPORT

In a tweet, Stanislas Guérini, general delegate of LaREM, supports Richard Ferrand on behalf of his part.

GOVERNMENT

Same story on the executive side. "It is logical that the President of the Republic keeps him all his confidence, because it is a man loyal, right, which had an exemplary political course," said the spokesman of the government, Sibeth Ndiaye, on Europe 1 .

"He is a man who, in the exercise of his functions, is absolutely irreproachable"

Larem

"I renew my trust and support to Richard Ferrand," reacts in turn the delegate general En Marche Stanislas Guerini with LCI. "Let us beware of confusing instruction and conviction.This indictment is the logical continuation of a procedure opened in 2017, in which he had already benefited from a ranking without continuation.Richard Ferrand is a statesman who has dedicated his public life to defend our institutions and the interest of the French, his integrity can not be questioned "

REACTION

As most members of LaREM this morning, Olivia Grégoire, MP for Paris, supported the Speaker of the National Assembly.

REACTION

"Politically, that's not good news," concedes Sébastien Lecornu on LCI.

REACTION

"Is it necessary to dismiss the 4th personage of the State on a doubt? I think not," says Minister Sébastien Lecornu on LCI.

REACTION

The question on everyone's lips this morning is this: Can Richard Ferrand stay on the roost? "For me, yes," says Elizabeth Martichoux's guest, Sébastien Lecornu.

FERRAND

Richard Ferrand does not intend to resign "because an instruction is in no way a sentence", confides his entourage to LCI.

According to relatives, the boss of the Assembly has left "determined" of his long hearing

REACTION

REACTION

LaRM MP Alain Tourret denounces "judicial harassment".

Urgent

ELYSIUM

"Richard Ferrand has all the confidence of the president," said the presidency of the Republic at LCI, while recalling the principle of separation of powers.

REACTION

For Jérôme Karsenti, Anticor's lawyer, the indictment of Richard Ferrand is a first victory.

SUPPORT

Invited on franceinfo, Gilles Le Gendre, patron of LaREM deputies in the National Assembly, supported Richard Ferrand.

"The President of the National Assembly Richard Ferrand must remain in office.The indictment does not prejudge in any way his guilt," said Gilles Le Gendre.

"The course of the judicial case must not pervert the institutional functioning," says also Gilles Le Gendre.

EXAMINED

The President LREM of the National Assembly, Richard Ferrand, indicted that night for "illegal taking of interests" in the Mutuelles de Bretagne case, was immediately said "determined to continue (his) mission".

In a statement sent to AFP, Mr. Ferrand "takes note of this procedural measure that will enable him to be able to defend himself in this file" and "remains calm on the outcome of the procedure, in view of the classification without continuation of the whole of the complaints of the first complaint "in October 2017," especially as no new element has been added to this file in which there is neither prejudice nor victim ".

Hello everyone !

Read also

  • Ferrand case: new criminal investigation opened for illegal capture of interest

Follow live political reactions to this indictment in the live above.

On the same subject

And also

(tagsToTranslate) Richard Ferrand (t) The case Richard Ferrand (t) Justice (t) Fil info

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.