France Net Infos unveils a study: on the e-retailers “stars” of Black Friday on mobile?
Top 10 mobile e-commerce sites in Market shares based on the number of unique visitors *
- Amazon dominates the ranking: the mobile site of the American giant is visited by more than 2/3 of mobile users.
- The “traditional” French brands are well positioned. Fnac and Darty are in the top 5, which shows that these brands have achieved their digital transformation with some success.
- French brands « pure player The Internet, such as Cdiscount and PriceMinister, posted uneven but substantial performance with mobile traffic of 41.2% and 11.7% respectively.
# 1 Amazon
# 2 Cdiscount
# 3 Fnac
# 4 Darty
# 5 eBay
# 6 Baker
# 7 PriceMinister
# 8 Shopping street
# 9 GOAL
# 10 Aliexpress
Top 5 e-commerce mobile apps on Black Friday Day (Friday, November 24)
Market shares based on application downloads *
- Fnac and Darty show a lower performance in the ranking of mobile applications, which contrasts with good results recorded by both brands on their respective mobile sites. The applications of the two e-commerce players have not generated a significant commitment from consumers.
- Amazon supplants its competitors on mobile, whether through its application or site.
- Cdiscount has capitalized on Black Friday to position its application to the second of this ranking.
# 1 Amazon Shopping
# 2 Cdiscount Shopping
# 2 AliExpress Shopping
# 4 Fnac
# 5 eBay
Methodology: The study examines the habits of 700,000 mobile users during the Black Friday period between November 10th and November 29th.
* The total of visits / downloads can reach 100%: a mobile user is likely to visit several sites during the studied period.